Gingerbread men and houses have been a part of Christmas celebrations for a very long time. The decorating of gingerbread men or figures has been credited to Elizabeth I who had them made to look like visiting dignitaries. The ginger bread house can be traced back to 16th century Germany. They were a popular Christmas tradition and a central temptation in the Brothers Grimm tale of Hansel and Gretel. The first known recipe of gingerbread dates back to Greece 2400 BC! There is a long love for gingerbread in human history. *
We Developed a Delicious Gluten-free Gingerbread
About 8 years ago we were getting more and more requests for a gluten-free gingerbread cookie. Customers were asking for a clean, gluten-free recipe that was low in sugar. We happily compiled. Our gingerbread dough is subtly ginger flavoured with a crunchy texture. We love making vegan gluten-free baked goods like our Pies and Cupcakes but in our gluten-free gingerbread prototypes the vegan dough came up short. We only want to offer a product we are proud of so our gluten-free gingerbread contains eggs and butter for added structure. Four years ago we started selling our gluten-free Gingerbread House and Men kits at Nature’s Emporium.
We have Gingerbread House and Men kits
Gluten-free Gingerbread Men Kits
- 5 plain gingerbread men and royal icing to decorate them with.
Gluten-free Gingerbread House Building Kit
- One house to build with royal icing and organic gluten-free candies to decorate.
- Gluten-free Candies: Mini Candy Canes, Peppermint Candies, Gummy Bears & Sour Gummies
You Can Buy Our Gluten-free Gingerbread Kits at:
- Nature’s Emporium. We are also working to have our kits at Sobey’s, Your Independent Grocer & Foodland.
We are a dedicated gluten-free facility.
- We buy our ingredients only from suppliers that provide allergen information about their ingredients and have a food safety plan in place
- We only produce gluten-free products
- We test our products in accordance with our HACCP certification